[Koha-devel] Convincing City IT Dept.

Ed Veal EVeal at mail.ci.lubbock.tx.us
Tue Aug 5 16:31:51 CEST 2008

I have an interesting situation here. We had LibLime come and give us a
presentation last week and I thought it would be best to invite the city
IT staff to take a look so that they could be onboard with any decision
that we make.  However, what has happened is that they seem to think
that they have the expertise to do this on their own. I shudder at the
thought. They have already set up a server and are wanting my advice and
guidance in migrating data. My advice is to contract it out, we don't
have the resources or the expertise to accomplish this.

So my question is how do I convince the IT department of this? I can't
seem to get it through to them that this is not just any old SQL
database.

Edward Veal (eveal at mail.ci.lubbock.tx.us)
System Administrator
Lubbock Public Library