[Koha-devel] Convincing City IT Dept.

Michael Hafen mdhafen at tech.washk12.org
Tue Aug 5 18:14:09 CEST 2008

I would start by pointing them at the MARC standard:
http://www.loc.gov/marc/ , and tell them to start there.  If that
doesn't dissuade them then look up the z39.50 protocol, and tell them
that that is the next step.  Then point them at IndexData's Zebra
engine, and that's the next step.

Then tell them "or we can use Koha which has already done all this work
for you".

Good luck.