[Koha-devel] Where is the information about what username created/modified a "biblio" record saved?

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Fri Aug 8 02:12:13 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I'm using the last "snapshot" development version of Koha 3 from git,
but I think my question is also applicable to older Koha 3 "versions"
(and probably also to Koha 2.X versions). I'm using UNIMARC (but NOT
using Zebra) in my Linux installation (running openSUSE 11.0).

Basically, the question is the one that I put in the subject of this
message, that is:

"Where is the information about what username created/modified a
biblio record saved?"

When I say this, I'm thinking of a Library that uses Koha, and where
several Librarians have a Koha username and password for logging in
the "Intranet" area for adding / modifying bibliographic records in
the Library's Catalog.

So, what I'm asking is this:

1 - Does the Koha (MySQL) database include any table(s)/field(s) for
the username that created/modified a bibliographic record? I couldn't
find it in the most "obvious suspect", the "biblio" table. I *did*
find a "datecreated" and a "timestamp" fields in this "biblio" table,
though.

2 - Do the UNIMARC / MARC 21 standards include any tag / subfield
where this information should / may be saved in a bibliographic
record?

I have consulted the "Log Viewer" that is available in the "Tools"
page of the "Intranet" area of Koha, but could NOT find any entry for
creation / modification of bibliographic records:

http://192.168.0.2:8080/cgi-bin/koha/tools/viewlog.pl

Am I looking for this in the wrong places?

If this functionality has NOT been implemented yet, are there any
reasons for NOT doing it (e.g: any legal restrictions related to
privacy concerns)?

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques