[Koha-devel] RFC 3.2 : guided reports improved

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Aug 8 02:26:46 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:58 AM, David Schuster <dschust1 at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> I love this idea!  I've also wondered about the possibility of the system
> admin creating some "canned" type reports that everyone would see and could
> "modify with location etc..." then "save them" in their saved reports to run
> again in the future.
>
> For some people even the guided reports they are lost on.  I was looking for
> a way to "push" some templated type reports out to people.
It'd be cool if we could push reports upstream to the community as part of the
http://contribs.koha.org site, with a new feature to allow you to find and add
reports to your Koha system that others had created and pushed up ...

Josh

> Paul POULAIN-2 wrote:
>>
>> (http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:rfcs3.2:rfc32_guided_reports)
>>
>> Guided reports are great. However, they are fully hardcoded SQL atm.
>> There's no possibilities to have parameters that are fixed at run time.
>> That would be usefull, for example, when you want to build a report that
>> runs between a date range, or on a given branch or itemtype.
>>
>> for example, a tool to let a given branch see what they added in the
>> catalogue could be :
>> SELECT biblio,author FROM biblio LEFT JOIN items USING(biblionumber)
>> WHERE items.homebranch=XXX
>>
>> This RFC suggest to add some improvements to be able to specify XXX at
>> runtime.
>>
>> - A simple solution could be to have a specific syntax to say "enter
>> value here". For example : ???
>> - A better sotution could be to have the syntax + a label to display to
>> the patron. For example : ???Enter branch code??? that would display
>> "Enter branch code : _______" in the <form>
>> - The best solution would be to have a list where applicable (branch,
>> itemtype...).
>>
>> The 2 first are easy to code, the 3rd could be tricky.
>>
>> but undoubtfully usefull !
>>
>> --
>> Paul POULAIN
>> http://www.biblibre.com
>> Expert en Logiciels Libres pour l'info-doc
>> NOUVEAU TELEPHONE : 04 91 81 35 08

Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support
LibLime Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS