[Koha-devel] Where is the information about what username created/modified a "biblio" record saved?

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Fri Aug 8 13:19:47 CEST 2008

Hi Chris,

I must admit I'm amazed: you received my message, read it and replied
with a very informative reply in just 6 MINUTES!

I think that you just set some world record!  :)

Some more comments / questions below:

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:

> [...] you may not have switched the logging on at
> http://librarian.koha.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/koha/admin/systempreferences.pl?tab=Logs
>
> I have the logs turned on, and I can see things like this in the
> logviewer
>
> 2008-07-15 12:00:03       1     CATALOGUING     ADD      biblio 9 biblio
>
> (where 1 is a link to the librarian who did it, and 9 is a link to the
> biblio)

You're right. I navigated to the "Logs" tab of the "System Preferences" page at:

http://192.168.0.2:8080/cgi-bin/koha/admin/systempreferences.pl?tab=Logs

In that page, I found out that only log that is DISABLED is precisely
the "Cataloguing Log":
____________________

CataloguingLog
If ON, log edit/create/delete actions on bibliographic data. WARNING:
this feature is very resource consuming.
[Set to OFF]
____________________

Do you Chris (or anyone else, for that matter) have any input if it is
"safe" to enable this setting in a production environment, for a
reasonably small library (with about 30 thousand bibliographic
records) with relatively infrequent catalog changes ?

Is there any field (tag / subfield) in UNIMARC / MARC 21 for storing
information about who created and/or "last modified" a bibliographic
record?

Thanks again Chris! Your first answer was, as I mentioned in the
beginning, very good and lightning fast!  :)

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net