[Koha-devel] Post-3.0 git branch and version numbering

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Aug 11 22:34:51 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Galen Charlton
<galen.charlton at liblime.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Chris Cormack
> <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I guess the next question is who is doing the release Maintainers role, for 3.0?
>> The last time there was discussion on this on irc (on the 7/7/2008).
>> Biblibre offered to fill the role.
>> Does that offer still stand? If so, here's one vote for them to take
>> up that role, with Galen release manager for 3.1 (which will become
>> 3.2 when its stable).
>
> As far as I know, the following people or groups have expressed
> willingness to maintain 3.0:
>
> - Josh, per the customary transition from 3.0 release manager.
> - BibLibre, in (I assume) the person of Paul or Henri-Damien.
>
> LibLime would support either option.  If Josh does it, he will have
> plenty of time to devote to it, as he will no longer have the full
> release manager responsibilities and is also looking to hand over the
> translation manager's portfolio to somebody else.  If I remember
> correctly, Henri has also expressed willingness to be the QA manager
> for 3.2.  Because of the potential workload, if BibLibre were to also
> take up 3.0 RMaint, I'd ask to them to confirm whether they're willing
> to do both, giving proper attention to each.  If not, then either the
> 3.0 RMaint should default to Josh or we should put out another call
> for 3.2 QA.

Hi

Not answering for Biblibre, as Im sure they will reply themselves, but
Biblibre is more than one person, so even if they were wanting to do
QA for 3.2 (which im not sure they do), its unlikely it would be the
same person. Just as for liblime it wouldn't be the same person.
So I guess im saying the same question applies to both.

Personally I'd like to see the roles spread around as many
organisations as possible.

Just my 2 cents

Chris