[Koha-devel] Post-3.0 git branch and version numbering

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Mon Aug 11 18:02:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Chris Cormack
<chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:

> I guess the next question is who is doing the release Maintainers role, for 3.0?
> The last time there was discussion on this on irc (on the 7/7/2008).
> Biblibre offered to fill the role.
> Does that offer still stand? If so, here's one vote for them to take
> up that role, with Galen release manager for 3.1 (which will become
> 3.2 when its stable).

As far as I know, the following people or groups have expressed
willingness to maintain 3.0:

- Josh, per the customary transition from 3.0 release manager.
- BibLibre, in (I assume) the person of Paul or Henri-Damien.

LibLime would support either option.  If Josh does it, he will have
plenty of time to devote to it, as he will no longer have the full
release manager responsibilities and is also looking to hand over the
translation manager's portfolio to somebody else.  If I remember
correctly, Henri has also expressed willingness to be the QA manager
for 3.2.  Because of the potential workload, if BibLibre were to also
take up 3.0 RMaint, I'd ask to them to confirm whether they're willing
to do both, giving proper attention to each.  If not, then either the
3.0 RMaint should default to Josh or we should put out another call
for 3.2 QA.

Regards,

Galen
--