[Koha-devel] Wiki instructions for dealing with 3.0.x

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Aug 12 15:21:56 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
> If I'm making a correction to something that would apply to both 3.0.1
> and 3.1, it that up to the maintainer/manager to decide? Should I
> commit the same changes to both branches?

The final policy for patches for 3.0 will be largely up to the RMaint,
but for now I think that most patches should be made against the 3.1
master HEAD.  That way, contributors only have to worry about
submitting one set of patches per change.  The 3.0 maintainer can then
cherry-pick which patches to copy to the 3.0.x branch.

As 3.1 and 3.0.x diverge, it may necessary at times for the RMaint to
request separate patches for both 3.0 and 3.1.  However, I hope that
will be necessary only for the most important bugfixes and security
updates..

Regards,

Galen
--