[Koha-devel] Call for volunteers - Koha Documentation Manager

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Aug 12 15:41:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

While we're discussing project roles, I would like to suggest reviving
the position of Documentation Manager, a position which appears to be
unfilled at the moment.  If I am mistaken and somebody is currently
active as DM, I apologize.

The documentation manager would be responsible for:

* Working with the Koha user community to identify documentation needs.
* Organizing the creation and updates of user documentation for Koha
3.x, including manuals, user help embedded in Koha, wikis, etc.
* In conjunction with the 3.2 RM and the 3.0 RMaint, updating user
documentation that resides in the Koha source tree.
* Encouraging the user and developer communities to improve
documentation practices.
* Discovering and linking to public Koha documentation written outside
the aegis of the Koha project.
* Encouraging (with the help of the translation manager) the
development of user documentation in as many languages as possible.
* Maintaining user documentation on the various project websites,
including wiki.koha.org, kohadocs.org, and the forthcoming Plone
version of www.koha.org.

Any volunteers?  Comments on the list of responsibilities?

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton