[Koha-devel] Where is the information about what username created/modified a "biblio" record saved?

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Wed Aug 13 12:34:26 CEST 2008

Hi MJ,

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> "Ricardo Dias Marques" <lists at ricmarques.net> wrote:
>> Is there any field (tag / subfield) in UNIMARC / MARC 21 for storing
>> information about who created and/or "last modified" a bibliographic
>> record?
>
> Depending on the context, I think you might find MARC21 fields 040 and
> 583 useful.
> http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd040.html
> http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd583.html

Very interesting. I had already found some references to the 040 MARC
21 tag ("Cataloging Source") - that corresponds to the 801 tag in
UNIMARC ("Originating Source") that Henri-Damien Laurent also
mentioned.

I did NOT know about the 583 MARC 21 tag ("Action Note")  - that
corresponds to the 318 UNIMARC tag ("Action Note"). That also seems to
be a good candidate for inserting information about what username
(person) created/modified a bibliographic record, although none of the
mentioned tags seem to have been created with this purpose in mind.

Many thanks for the help MJ!  :)

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net