[Koha-devel] koha-3.00.00 make fails

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Sat Aug 16 11:07:19 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have downloaded http://download.koha.org/koha-3.00.00.tar.gz
and began installing it on Debian/etch (in a Linux vserver environment).

0. FINE: cd koha-3.00.00

1. FINE: perl Makefile.PL

2. FAIL: make

      :   :    :
    Manifying blib/man3/C4::UploadedFile.3pm
    Manifying blib/man3/C4::BackgroundJob.3pm
    Manifying blib/man3/opac::opac-dictionary.3pm
    Manifying blib/man3/serials::member-search.3pm
    /usr/bin/perl "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib" fix-perl-path.PL blib
    /usr/bin/perl "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib" rewrite-config.PL blib/KOHA_CONF_DIR/koha-conf.xml
    Bad arg length for Socket::inet_ntoa, length is 0, should be 4 at rewrite-config.PL line 67.
    make: *** [blib/KOHA_CONF_DIR/koha-conf.xml] Error 255

Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix?

Aside: there were a couple of other problems with this "out of the box"
debian based install of Koha 3.0 which had to be fixed along the way, e.g.
seven missing perl modules and libgd not found.

I'll report on the entire process from unpacking to a running Koha/3.00.00
once I get to the end.

cheers
rickw