[Koha-devel] Koha Plone Contest

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Aug 22 12:10:03 CEST 2008

Roberto Allende <rover at menttes.com> wrote:
> Yes it would work if the koha community shows a little bit of commitment
> with the contest and this is not happening at the moment. People in my
> team ask why "should i spend more time in something that even the
> organizators don't move". It's very difficult for me to convince anyone
> with the low answer we had from Koha community.
>
> This decreases your credibility and is very disappointing for us and
> because the time invested on the contest.

It should be obvious from the comments when the contest started
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.koha.devel/379
that this was an initiative of koha.org's current owner, not the koha
community (I offer to pay costs of koha.org's transfer to SPI or
Kohala).  Please don't flame the koha community for this, unless you
feel we should have disowned it totally or something - but I think
that would have been an overreaction.  Their heart was in the right
place.

This contest has been pretty damaging though, both through upsetting
possible contributors like the contest entrants, through promising a
Grand Prize on 19 March (still unpaid?) and through chilling work on
the current website because we've still no idea whether any time we
spend on it will be junked or recycled.

However, koha.org's current owner's president (or Joshua, for short)
has written that he "will do [his] best to have something for
community review" next week, so maybe that will give a new chance to
do something, but I wouldn't blame contributors for walking away.
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.koha.devel/1468

Hope that explains,
--
MJ Ray (slef)