[Koha-devel] RFC 3.2 - turn on warnings

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Fri Aug 29 18:43:41 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
> I agree, except for query logging. It has been proven many times to me
> that it's usefull : the library tells you "I search this, and got no
> results, there's a bug in koha".
> You look in the logs, and see that the search was in fact "this and
> itemtype=that" or "this and available items only", which returns
> nothing, as there is no answer.
>
> So I think queries should be logged.

I agree that query logging is useful, but I don't think it should be
done via the Apache error log.  Most, if not all, OPAC searches are
done via GET requests, so the Apache access log could be used.
Alternatively, a search log could be kept in a database table, or
written to an external file.  However, it should not be done (outside
of a debug mode) by warn statements that end up in the error log.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton