[Koha-devel] RFC 3.2 - turn on warnings

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Aug 29 23:14:55 CEST 2008

Paul POULAIN wrote:

> So I think queries should be logged.
>
> + that would give us some datas to analyse the queries done by users. We
> just need the analysis too to be written ;-)

Not in a production environment. You are imposing your own debugging
requirements on all users of a production system, which is inappropriate
IMHO.

Onc again, it is pretty well impossible to sift through thousands of
SQL queries and find the needle in the haystack that is an important
system or error message.

Instead, add a debug flag to the system to enable query logging. This
is just one of many things that should be optionally logged. Or even send
the queries to another log file.

Did you know you can ask MySQL to log queries? All queries can be saved to
a file for later replay if required. This is far more efficient than
asking perl and/or the DBI to log the queries.

cheers
rickw