[Koha-devel] RFC 3.2 : guided reports improved

Ryan Higgins ryan.higgins at liblime.com
Fri Aug 29 19:07:13 CEST 2008

I prefer an xml schema that would allow export and import of guided reports
with included db revision to test against :

<guided_report kohaversion="3.00.107">
  <title>Patrons nearing expiry</title>
  <module>Members</module>
  <description>Patrons with expiry dates in the next n days</description>
  <sql>SELECT cardnumber, surname, firstname, branchcode,
categories.description, dateexpiry from borrowers
          LEFT JOIN categories on
borrowers.categorycode=categories.categorycode
          WHERE DATEDIFF( dateexpiry, CURDATE() ) < ???Number of Days???
          AND branchcode = ???LIST:branchcode???
          ORDER BY categories.description, dateexpiry
   </sql>
</guided_report>

Else, we have to figure out a way to run the installer post-installation,
not for
updatedatabase, but for sql import.
This would allow easy ingestion, and emailing or posting of xml docs to
contribs.

Ryan

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:

> Henri-Damien LAURENT a écrit :
> > It also could be part of the SQL files we could propose at install time,
> > imho, click to select a report, with a txt file to describe it, maybe
> > with a sample.
>
> That one should be pretty easy. we have the structure for this, to
> populate canned reports as we populate item types, patron categories...
>
> --
> Paul POULAIN
> http://www.biblibre.com
> Expert en Logiciels Libres pour l'info-doc
> NOUVEAU TELEPHONE : 04 91 81 35 08

Ryan Higgins

LibLime * Open-Source Solutions for Libraries
Featuring KohaZOOM ILS
888-564-2457 x704