[Koha-devel] For 3.0.x update XML::LibXML and XML::SAX with cpan

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed Dec 17 16:29:49 CET 2008

Hi to all,

I have found same problems in the tree of 3.0.x
I have update my installation of 3.0.x with git and I see on the splash page:

Koha error

The following fatal error has occurred:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "XML::LibXML::SAX" at
/usr/share/perl5/XML/SAX/ParserFactory.pm line 43.
Compilation failed in require at
/var/donw/kohaclone/kohaclone2/C4/Biblio.pm line 26.
[...]

To fix the problem I need to update the perl modules XML::LibXML and XML::SAX
with cpan.

In my installation those modules were installed using the debian
stable versions
(packages libxml-libxml-perl and libxml-sax-perl)
I can't update them if I use etch packeges, probably lenny (unstable) packages
are enough.

But I have updated them with cpan and all is OK, now.

I suggest to write into INSTALL.debian:

1.6.4 If you use debian stable (etch) you have two cpan modules not
enough updated. So now update
          XML::LibXML and XML::SAX using cpan

Bye

Zeno Tajoli