[Koha-devel] Integrating KOHA with an SIS

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 15:54:25 CET 2008

I think the most practical approach will be to use Koha LDAP to
authenticate/replicate patrons from your SIS, if LDAP is supported.

It will be much easier to take the approach of having Koha and SIS logins be
the same than having a true "single sign-on" method.

I doubt your SIS has any z3950 or SIP2 capability, but these would be
logical protocol to use for retrieving data from Koha.  Rudimentary
scripting in either language may provide you with the surface data you need,
or you could take the approach of screen scraping.  I would not recommend
scraping if you plan to keep Koha updated though, since the codebase and
interface design are fairly volatile.

--Joe Atzberger