[Koha-devel] About Javascript translations

Nahuel ANGELINETTI nahuel at biblibre.com
Mon Dec 29 16:25:00 CET 2008

Hi all,

We saw the javascript files(.js) are not translated. In fact,
only .tmpl and .inc strings are exported in po files.
Some developers added some strings to be translated in javascript files
(Like "Cart" button in OPAC), so when we translate in french, there is
no translation for those strings.
I looked up content of tmpl_process, xgettext.pl, TmplTokenizer and saw
that only <script> tags are parsed as javascript. I tryied to patch it
quickly to try parsing .js files as "<script>" content, but it seems
that is more complicated it seems.
Perhaps someone who already patched those files can guide me to the
right way?

Bests,

--
Nahuel ANGELINETTI