[Koha-devel] Koha Codebase Size?

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Dec 30 00:41:26 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Chris Cormack
<chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Stan Brinkerhoff <koha at vtwireless.com> wrote:
>> The javascript directories seem to gobble a ton of space -- perhaps moving
>> all of the Javascript libraries into a 'common' directory outside of the
>> language specific templates could be done.  In my quick test that saved
>> ~200mb of disk space, and brought the compressed distribution to ~27mb (from
>> 47mb) and took ~2 minutes, and probably another 30 minutes to fix the code
>> to reference javascript out of a new directory.
>>
>> Heck, you could probably fix it with mod_rewrite and no actual code change!
>>
> Patches gratefully accepted :)

Actually thinking about it more, as long as you didnt move any of the
js that needs to be translated, but moved the libraries like tinymce
etc, that would be fine.

The Koha specific js, that contains strings that should be translated
would be need to be separate still. So we could pull those strings out
and add them to the .po files and have them created. Of course we
shouldnt need to actually distribute the separate language templates,
they can all be built from the .po files + english templates

Chris