[Koha-devel] Installation on Solaris

Evelio Martínez evelio at masmedios.com
Thu Jan 17 11:29:54 CET 2008

Thanks Joe for your comments.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ohiocore at gmail.com [mailto:ohiocore at gmail.com]
Enviado el: miércoles, 16 de enero de 2008 18:41
Para: Evelio Martínez
CC: koha-devel at nongnu.org
Asunto: Re: [Koha-devel] Installation on Solaris

Evelio --

I am fairly certainly nobody has combined those three elements (solaris,
Oracle, websphere) as a Koha platform.

Koha on Solaris 9 has been done, I believe.  I will be installing Koha on
Solaris 10 relatively soon, and expect only minor problems.  The main
differences will be using a SPARC compiler (if appropriate) where components
are compiled from source, and certain variations in convention regarding
directory structure.

I have not heard of any Koha installations using websphere.  It might be
possible.  Strictly speaking, it would not be necessary on solaris, since it
ships with Apache (and Apache2 in current versions).  The main hurdle would
be getting the same mod-rewrite functionality in websphere.

Oracle is a supported database platform, but I would be interested to hear
from anyone who currently runs Koha on it.

--joe atzberger
LibLime