[Koha-devel] RFC: Renaming homebranch/holdingbranch in MARC21 Framework(s)

Ryan Higgins ryan.higgins at liblime.com
Fri Jul 4 22:31:58 CEST 2008

I would like to change the default labels for homebranch & holdingbranch in
the
MARC21 frameworks as follows:

homebranch :  Permanent Location   (from 'Location (homebranch)' )
holdingbranch:  Current Location       (from 'Sublocation or Collection
(holdingbranch)' )

The current language for holdingbranch implies it is/could be a subset of
homebranch,
and is confusing for new users of Koha.
This change should not impact translations, as the change occurs  only in
the db-stored labels.

An alternative to 'Permanent Location' would be 'Owning Library'.

I think it would be better to implement this last-minute change than to
commit ourselves
to labels that suggest a non-existent relation.

Comments ?

--
Ryan Higgins

LibLime * Open-Source Solutions for Libraries
Featuring KohaZOOM ILS
888-564-2457 x704