[Koha-bugs] [Koha-devel] "Library deleted" failing

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Mon Jul 7 13:59:27 CEST 2008

On 04/07/2008, at 7:33 AM, constantine wrote:

> Dear koha developers,
>
> I hope you do not hate me for reporting so many bugs... :)
>
> During the koha installation I chose to install the sample of
> Library/Branches.
> Now I want to delete them, using the webpage
> http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/koha/admin/branches.pl, of course... I
> have successfully deleted all of them except of libraries of Franklin,
> Midway, Pleasant Valley and Springfield. When I select to delete these
> libraries, koha shows me the message "Library deleted" in the same
> webpage, but the library persists.
>
> /var/log/koha/koha-error_log:
> [...] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [...] branches.pl: DBD::mysql::st
> execute failed: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key
> constraint fails (`koha3rocks/borrowers`, CONSTRAINT
> `borrowers_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`branchcode`) REFERENCES `branches`
> (`branchcode`)) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Branch.pm line 473.,
> referer: http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/koha/admin/branches.pl?branchcode=MPL&branchname=Midway&op=delete
>

> My best wishes, and keep up the magnificent work,
>
> Constantine Tsardounis

Hi Constantine,

There's another thread about this which you'll find if you have a bit
of a rummage on one of the archives of the koha lists.

Essentially, it won't let you delete the library, because the library
still has patrons (and possibly other things which are slipping my
mind at the momment).

It's just being sensibly cautions.

-ramon/custard