[Koha-devel] SIP 2 Devises.

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 01:36:28 CEST 2008

Ed --

Yes, the SIP code currently in Koha was developed against the 3M SelfCheck
emulator, and can be expected to work with their machines.  Koha supports
all of the messages and most of the functionality in the SIP2 specs, the
exceptions being certain things like 3rd party holds.

I am currently in contact with Envisionware and Overdrive, and we will be
supporting clients' integration with their services and products.

Like any systems, you still have to do configuration and integration, but
this is likely to be similar to your experience when the systems were
integrated the first time, with your other ILS.  One persistent problem is
how to secure communications between SIP systems, since that is not provided
by the specs, and the reference (3M) implementation relies on telnet.  This
is a problem for all ILS implementations.

--Joe Atzberger,
LibLime, Systems Administrator