[Koha-devel] Prepackaged perl distro

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 15:10:09 CEST 2008

On 2008/07/16, at 11:48 PM, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> Chris Cormack wrote:
>
>>> We cobbled together perl + all perl modules required.
>>>
>>> The virtual builder then simply installed perl and all the
>>> perl modules we required.
>>>
>>> No CPAN. No failed makes. No mismatches.
>>> Can't the same be done for Koha?
>>>
>> Im sure it could, you volunteering Rick? :)
>
> If in your opinion it would fly for Linux (as a start)
> I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
>
> Anyone else want to come on board as perhaps an advisor?

I do have a bit of a pet itch to automate a big chunk of the perl-
module-install stuff that needs to be done before a koha install
So I'm keen to do some work on this too

My idea was to continue to use CPAN still - but your idea and mine
dovetail quite nicely

Perhaps something like..
do a search for a perl module in a tgz/par file
   if none is found then attempt a cpan search

FYI:  take a look at MJ Ray's 'install-CPAN.pl' script as a starting
point
http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=blob;f=install-CPAN.pl

Mason.