[Koha-devel] Bug in "undo import" in Tools - MARC Import (managing batches)

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Jul 17 02:12:23 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:36 AM, Zeno Tajoli <tajoli at cilea.it> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I have found a bug in the "undo import" function avible in Tools -
> MARC Import (managing batches).
> I'm working in a NoZebra setup and I think it is relevant.
> I don't find this bug in http://bugs.koha.org/cgi-bin/bugzilla/index.cgi
> OS: Linux Debian etch
> Version of Koha: last git version
> MySQL: 5.0
> Apache: 2.0
>

> If Import a record into the official catalogue and after I delete the
> imported record with the function
> "undo import", the record is deleted from the db but in the indexes
> the pointers to the records are still present.
> So, if I do a search with a keyword of the deleted record I see this error:
This is actually a known error, and there is a bug report for it, but I wasn't
able to find it in my scan of the open bugs for 3.0. That said, the
ultimate problem
is that you must not have the rebuild_zebra.pl script running with the
-z option,
or the zebraqueue daemon running to manage your index after adds, edits and
delets to the index. This will alleviate the problem by removing those
items from
the index when they are deleted.

As far as better error messages for handling corrupt or non-existent MARC data,
I'm sure we'll be able to resolve that in 3.2 or thereafter.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support