[Koha-devel] 3.0 stable & improvements (for comments)

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Jul 23 14:32:13 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
> Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
>> and presumably, 3.2
>> would be within arm's reach, two to three months max.
>
> ??? You really think we will be able to release 3.2 in 2 or 3 months ? I
> can't believe that timeline will be respected.
> - there is still no git 3.2 branch
> - the RFC are not declared complete & commented
> - the translation process is quite long
> - the migration process must be heavily tested.
> - how many time did we need to bugfix 3.0 ? I agree there was a lot of
> changes btw 2.2 and 3.0, but i'm 100% sure that 3.2 bugfixing will
> require some months (including checking/validating various parameters,
> as we have zillions)
>
> so I can't believe 2 or 3 months...
> or I misunderstand "be withing arm's reach"
I was speaking in the hypothetical time when a feature like the one you
mentioned might be added (new link), and assuming we had already
made significant progress on the next release (in arm's reach). It's up to
the 3.2 RM as well as the efforts of the developers to say just how long
it will take before we can release 3.2 :-).

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support