[Koha-devel] RFC 3.2: Autogeneration of Koha UML diagrams

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Jul 31 11:43:08 CEST 2008

Zeno Tajoli a écrit :
> Hi to all,
>
> from first day of October 2008 CILEA is going to support a project
> about Koha as student stage (followd by me).
> We want to improve tecnical documentation about Koha 3.0 (I hope to
> have a stable release for october !!).

There's many possibilities to contribute. That's one. Good thing !

> But now the .xmi file in fact needs to be sligthy different for every UML tool.
> We can work with two Open source tool, ArgoUML and Umbrello
> We can usa also Rational Rose (the biggest commercial tool for UML).
> Which tool do you prefer ?

According to me, the rule to follow is "it's forbidden to oblige someone
to use a proprietary software".

So :
- if RR can export the resulting datas in a format that can be read by
free softwares, then I don't mind what you use.
- if it can't (don't want) : don't use it, otherwise, others won't be
able to re-use your work.

others may have different opinion.

--
Paul POULAIN