[Koha-devel] RFC 3.2: Autogeneration of Koha UML diagrams

Andrew Moore andrew.moore at liblime.com
Thu Jul 31 14:55:22 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 4:24 AM, Zeno Tajoli <tajoli at cilea.it> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> from first day of October 2008 CILEA is going to support a project
> about Koha as student stage (followd by me).
> We want to improve tecnical documentation about Koha 3.0 (I hope to
> have a stable release for october !!).
> Starting from perl scripts avaible from internet we want to develop a
> script that read Koha API (C4 dir) and write a .xmi file
> with an UML rappresentation of classes, methods and usage of methods.

Hi Zeno - This sounds very useful. Here are two pages of documentation
generated from the code that may help foster some ideas for you:

http://blog.bigballofwax.co.nz/2008/05/24/creating-a-programmers-manual-for-koha-3/
http://arwen.metavore.com/~acm/kohadocs/

> In fact a work like this is possible only if API are written in a
> precise standard of coding. It thimk it s , as I know. But this is also
>  a good check.
> We will report all problems we found, to be fixed in 3.2

This may be a tough part for you. We're working on making it better,
but most of the code isn't actually object oriented, and doesn't
maintain very good encapsulation.

I'm interested in seeing what results you produce!

Thanks,
-Andy