[Koha-devel] patches & bugs.koha.org

Andrew Moore andrew.moore at liblime.com
Thu Jul 31 16:24:24 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 9:06 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Yeah, please can people discuss such policy changes on -devel first?

You bet. I should probably have discussed this more before editing.
I'm still getting used to this concept where all edits of the wiki
need to be vetted by the community first

Please note: I didn't think I was changing any policies. It has long
(always?) been my policy to encourage opening bugs for all patches. I
continue to do so. Patches still seem to be accepted without open
bugs, and I think that's fine.

> I think there SHOULD be a bug for every patch.  However, there should
> be some tool trying to update bugs automatically on patch-mail and
> head commit (maybe from /bug\s+(\d+)/ on the commit message).

I agree. I think that would be really useful, too. I've had it on my
list for a while to write a git hook that will help do that. If you
come up with one, please share it with the rest of us! If there
existed a good one, I think that Josh or the RM at the time could make
their git use it for all commits to the head. I'd personally like to
use it as a hook after "git send-email" so that it would note that I
have submitted a patch.

> Please let BibLibre forward bug reports in French and let's add
> babelfish links to the bug display page header or footer.

Bablefish translations aren't that great, but I guess they're better
than nothing. Can you take care of adding that link to Bugzilla
somehow, please?

> Who, JOOI?  It's not showing up in IRC logs.

Who or what is JOOI?

> Yes, please!  I learned about this a few days ago and was going to ask
> if we can do it here.  It would make life much easier.
>
> Can we also allow koha users to submit new bugs by email without
> getting spammed to hell?  It would help to make the bugs data more
> accurate and representative.

I'm hoping that email interface gets put together, too. I don't think
I understand, though. It sounds like you're asking for two things
here. I'd like to be able to submit and update bugs via email. Does
that cover both of those requests? I may be able to work on that soon,
unless someone else beats me to it.

Just so that I don't step into some kind of historical problem
(again!), have we been spamming users to hell for reporting bugs via
email? What kind of spam do you mean? Is it something from us? Or do
you mean that their email address gets put on bugzilla and then they
get spam from elsewhere?

Thanks,
-Andy