[Koha-devel] [corrected] Koha 3.0 Stable Release Plan

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Jun 4 14:44:35 CEST 2008

> I have avoided reporting bugs which I thought would either
> necessarily be fixed as the particular part of the software became more
> developed or would have too low a priority for being fixed unless I fixed
> them myself.

I agree that bugs are underreported, so I encourage everyone to report
early and often. It's impossible to know what bugs the developers
already know about and are planning to fix. Even if a bug is known to
a developer, it's important to have a bug report so that others can be
aware of it--or even so others can step in and fix it! I might see a
problem and think, "Oh I'll fix that later," and not file a bug
report. If I do file the report, not only will someone see that the
bug has been acknowledged, someone else might even fix it! :)

> I presume that it may be acceptable for Koha 3.0 to have a much lower
> standard for what counts as a stable release than 3.0.1

I certainly hope that's not the prevailing attitude. Although I have
to say, I haven't seen much bug fixing since the release date
announcement...

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer