[Koha-devel] RFC: plan to reorganize cronjobs for overdues, notices, and fines

Andrew Moore andrew.moore at liblime.com
Wed Jun 4 21:23:39 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 2:21 PM, henridamien.laurent
<henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com> wrote:
> Andrew Moore a écrit :
>> advance_notices.pl - will prepare notices for items that are not yet
>> due, or have just become due. Patrons will have the option of
>> receiving these or not.
>
> Can't this one get merge into Overdue_notices that would become
> circulation notices.
> imho, it is quite the same process.
> Or do I misunderstand the process you want to settle ?

They are very similar, and I can see them being in the same script. It
seems that the only differences may be that the patron can choose
whether to receive advance notices or not. They cannot choose to avoid
overdue notices. Also, many libraries will choose to not send advance
notices. That may not be enough of a distinction to separate them.

Thanks for your consideration!

-Andy