[Koha-devel] Status of Debian and Koha

Marc Chantreux marc.chantreux at biblibre.com
Wed Jun 18 09:16:33 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 08:21:30AM -0700, Serhij Dubyk*Сергій Дубик wrote:
> What state of work on deb-packaging of Koha?

Vincent Danjean did a great work to package every koha dependancies.

There are some few missing, including idzebra.

As idzebra is GPL licenced but compiled with openssl libs , it can't
goes as it into debian. I have no reply from indexdata about it.

For the packaging of koha itself, i would like something like:

koha-web   (installs opac and intranet files, nozebra used)
koha-zebra (depending to zebra, installs zebra_queue zebra_daemon)

    here is still some work about debianization of init scripts with proper
    management of multiple koha instances. Something like k3ensite,
    k3dissite ?

koha-utils (migration tools, ...)

koha-locale-fr (guess :) )
koha-locale-it

> >From my last installation Koha 3 (git) on Debian testing I found only this 3
> packages not in Debian testing repository (yet, but probably in unstable):

> Text::CSV
> Text::CSV_XS

install libtext-csv-perl

> CGI::Session::Serialize::yaml

this is a very new koha dependance so Vincent didn't allready notice it
:)

> In Debian Bugs found some report:

MRJ has de debianized version of koha in his git. I wait for him to go
public with that work to discuss about the good way to debianize koha.

regards

--
Marc Chantreux
BibLibre, expert en logiciels libres pour l'info-doc