[Koha-devel] Status of Debian and Koha

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Wed Jun 18 10:05:50 CEST 2008

Marc Chantreux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 08:21:30AM -0700, Serhij Dubyk*Сергій Дубик wrote:
>> What state of work on deb-packaging of Koha?
>
> Vincent Danjean did a great work to package every koha dependancies.
>
> There are some few missing, including idzebra.
>
> As idzebra is GPL licenced but compiled with openssl libs , it can't
> goes as it into debian. I have no reply from indexdata about it.

YAZ 3.0.30 is able to do SSL using GNU TLS and therefore no longer
depend on OpenSSL. However, we made a mistake in YAZ 3.0.30 by using the
OpenSSL GNU TLS compatibility library which is GPL and not LGPL.

YAZ 3.0.34 (not yet released) will use GNU TLS core only. This should
resolve the conflicts.

AFAIK, YAZ 3.0.30 is packaged without SSL completely (due to the problem
with GNU TLS Openssl).

/ Adam