[Koha-devel] RFID and other hardware moves...

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Mon Mar 10 17:19:05 CET 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Ignacio Javier
<ignacio.gomez at coremain.com> wrote:
>  I just was wandering if Koha 3 has done any integration with RFID and/or
>  optical barcode readers, is already started, planned or is just a "wrap,
>  wrap... doit yourself"?.

As far as I know, no special integration is required.  Most RFID and
barcode readers simply pass the barcode or RFID number to applications
via the keyboard interface, so as long as items.barcode is wide enough
to accommodate the longest numbering standard in use, nothing special
is needed.

Regards,

Galen
--