[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Follett to Koha 2.2.9 migration help

Michael Hafen mdhafen at washk12.org
Mon Mar 10 19:06:20 CET 2008

I have written and integrated a script for Koha 2.2.5, and submitted a
patch to patches at koha.org which will read a microlif file, and pull
certain information, like the barcode, item call number, and price, and
push the info into Koha using stuff in C4.  What I've written is based
on "MARC 21 Concise Holdings: Location and Access Fields (852 & 856)"
( http://www.loc.gov/marc/holdings/echdloca.html ) and tuned for
Follett.  I've found this to be quite effective.  I have not dealt with
other vendors, so my code does not account for various quirks, but it
could be a good place to start such work.
Doing so has made migration and receiving book orders much easier for my
librarians.  Instead of converting the microlif file, they use my script
and pull the information straight into Koha.
I would very much like to see a feature like this in Koha.