[Koha-devel] git.koha.org server change

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Mar 12 23:21:30 CET 2008

Galen Charlton wrote:

> protocol.  The breakage was caused by our (LibLime's) attempt to apply
> security updates on the virtual private server running git.koha.org.
> However, this appears to have resulted in an incompatibility between
> the C library and the kernel of either the host or client operating
> system, which in turn prevented from Apache from running.  I apologize
> for not providing more details of what went wrong, but at present I
> don't have them.

Could you let us know which distro you were running when this happened
(C lib incompatibility) and which update system was used?

As a sysadmin on Debian box with some updates that are overdue, I'd like
to know anything you can tell us.

BTW: I have seen this happen before with Linux updates, e.g. Clib
update clobbers an entire system.

cheers
rickw

Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor

Anyone who says he won't resign four times, will.
      -- John Kenneth Galbraith