[Koha-devel] git.koha.org server change

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Mar 13 02:18:56 CET 2008

Hi Rick,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Rick Welykochy <rick at praxis.com.au> wrote:
> Galen Charlton wrote:
>
>  > protocol.  The breakage was caused by our (LibLime's) attempt to apply
>  > security updates on the virtual private server running git.koha.org.
>  > However, this appears to have resulted in an incompatibility between
>  > the C library and the kernel of either the host or client operating
>  > system, which in turn prevented from Apache from running.  I apologize
>  > for not providing more details of what went wrong, but at present I
>  > don't have them.
>
>  Could you let us know which distro you were running when this happened
>  (C lib incompatibility) and which update system was used?
>
>  As a sysadmin on Debian box with some updates that are overdue, I'd like
>  to know anything you can tell us.
>
>  BTW: I have seen this happen before with Linux updates, e.g. Clib
>  update clobbers an entire system.
Just a bit of clarification ...

This was an older VPS system running on Red Hat ... the VPS was using the Red
Hat native system kernel, rather than a Debian one, so this kind of
thing wouldn't
normally happen in a production environment (non-VPS).

Again, sorry for the outage, the DNS has been updated and should propagate
shortly.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support