[Koha-devel] reserves.waitingdate & upgrade 22 => 30

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed May 7 22:07:13 CEST 2008

Hello,

in Koha 3.0, the reserves.waitingdate field is used in some places to
check that a reserve has been filled & is waiting for pick up.

It works fine.
Except when migrating from 2.2 : the field is created empty, which a
script like circ/waitingdate.pl disklike.

That is a problem that can be solved by a single SQL statement :
UPDATE `reserves` SET waitingdate=timestamp WHERE found='W' and
waitingdate IS NULL

Do you think we :
- should ignore this transitionnal problem
- should updatedatabase with a new DB dump
- should do the SQL query when bumping to 062, that has some stuff
related to reserves. (my preferred solution)

Your opinion ? (feel free to confirm the SQL statement is correct. It
was on the DB I just run it on, not 100% sure it's OK for any cases)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com