[Koha-devel] QA process (was: "freezing" koha 3.0)

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Wed May 7 23:39:53 CEST 2008

Galen Charlton a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Andrew Moore <andrew.moore at liblime.com> wrote:
>
>>  * ensure that I create test cases for new code that I add
>>  * try to create test cases for other code that I touch
>>  * Document and describe the recent changes to the test suite to make
>>  it easier for others to use and extend it
>>

> Agreed; I hope we reach the point where all regular contributors are
> comfortable with the test suite and writing unit and regression tests
> where appropriate.

In fact, I wished all those good practises could have been abided by
long ago.
It would have assured more seamless coding.
But I also know that it is a neverending process :
- Document and describe features with what should do this and that, how
it works, what does it do, and be the more complete as possible,
- Write a conceptual model for data and maintain it

Great steps have been made. Public RFCs really are good from my POV.
What you did with test suite is already a good step.

>>  * document my changes and the anticipated side effects more thoroughly
>>  in my git commit messages and on bugs.koha.org
>>

> But wouldn't it be useful to also document the unanticipated side
> effects? ;-)  Seriously, I almost never met a detailed commit message
> I didn't like.
>

>>  * triage my bugs and others so that bugs.koha.org is more accurate
>>

> This will be of immediate use for stabilizing 3.0.  I will be spending
> some time now through Friday going through all of the major, critical,
> and blocker bugs, and encourage others to do the same.  I think
> another bug-squashing session on #koha is in order, perhaps some time
> next week.

Agreed.
>>  * set up a smoke bot to run the automated test suite after each commit
>>  and report the results

Someone has done some work on setting up a bot that automatically sets
up a Koha Install.
His work could be appreciated in that purpose too.

(We could also try and use virtualization to install and maybe automate
installs on different Linux flavours.... later.)

--
Henri-Damien LAURENT