[Koha-devel] RFC: alternate borrower IDs

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Wed May 7 23:00:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Henri-Damien LAURENT
<laurenthdl at alinto.com> wrote:
>  >> From: koha-devel-bounces at lists.koha.org [mailto:koha-devel-
>  >> bounces at lists.koha.org] On Behalf Of Galen Charlton
[snip]
>  >>
>  lacks 2 fields :
>  - authorised_values related to this value

Good idea.

>  - "tab" (0 1 2) to use to display the value (intranet memberdetail.pl).

For now, I'm inclined to use a set area for displaying and editing the
alternate IDs and borrower attributes, rather than make the tab
customizable.

>  >>  * password (optional password associated with the ID)
>  >>
>  Do you mean there would be more than one password ? Is this really
>  required ?

Yes, it is a requirement of the customer (although I grant that
multiple passwords are not likely needed by most Koha users).

>  I think this would boil down to do a kind of framework for patrons.
>  This design looks good.
>  This is what I thought would have to be done when I added multiple sort
>  fields for a custom installation (I sent you the files I think).
>  Maybe it doesnot go far enough : data types and input facilities
>  (plugins or call to js functions) could be added.
>  But our current memberentry page is not that handy for that kind of stuff.

A redesign of the patron entry page may be good, but I'm not planning
on any major refactoring work for the sake of this specific feature.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton