[Koha-devel] RFC: alternate borrower IDs

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Tue May 6 10:03:52 CEST 2008

Hi
Sorry for delay,

lacks 2 fields :
- authorised_values related to this value
- "tab" (0 1 2) to use to display the value (intranet memberdetail.pl).
>> borrower_attributes
>>  * borrowernumber (foreign key)
>>  * ID type (foreign key)
>>  * attribute (text string containing the ID or attribute)
>>  * password (optional password associated with the ID)

Do you mean there would be more than one password ? Is this really
required ?
>> The primary functional changes would be
>>
>> 1. new Administration page to define borrower ID types
>> 2. new patron editing page to add, delete, or edit borrower ID types
>> 3. additional pane or box in patron account tab in OPAC to display
>> additional IDs
>> 4. in staff client, ability to include one or more ID types in search
>> box
>> 5. ability to load alternate IDs via the patron import tool.  This
>> would be done by adding an optional column in the CSV file that would
>> contain ID types and IDs.  Any unique ID would act as a matchpoint.
>> For example, the column might contain:
>>
>> "INSTID:12345, MAJOR:Physics, ADDLOGIN:abcdef/passwd"
>>
>> The new feature would be guarded by a syspref - if the preference is
>> off, no sign of the additional IDs would display in the Administration
>> menu, the patron editor, or the OPAC.

I think this would boil down to do a kind of framework for patrons.
This design looks good.
This is what I thought would have to be done when I added multiple sort
fields for a custom installation (I sent you the files I think).
Maybe it doesnot go far enough : data types and input facilities
(plugins or call to js functions) could be added.
But our current memberentry page is not that handy for that kind of stuff.

Friendly.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT