[Koha-devel] XML::LIBXSLT error on Debian etch

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sun May 11 12:34:29 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Marc Chantreux
<marc.chantreux at biblibre.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 08:48:34AM -0600, Chadwick, John, DCA wrote:
>  > Okay, I got the DBD::mysql issue resolved yesterday. I am down to one stubborn package, XML::LIBXSLT won't install.
>
>  as this module is debian packaged, why don't you install it by this way
>  ?
>
>  koha:/# apt-cache policy libxml-libxslt-perl
>  libxml-libxslt-perl:
>   Installé : 1.59-1
>   Candidat : 1.59-1
>   Table de version :
>      1.62-1.1 0
>         500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org testing/main Packages
>   *** 1.59-1 0
>         990 http://ftp.u-strasbg.fr etch/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
There are fairly explicit warnings in the installation documentation
about this specific module -- it's extremely important to install
the package maintainer's version as this directly impacts whether
your system's unicode will be set up correctly.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support