[Koha-devel] "freezing" koha 3.0

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue May 13 19:38:09 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 5:08 PM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> "Joshua Ferraro" <jmf at liblime.com> wrote: [...]
>
> > I like the idea proposed by someone, of having the release manager
>  > 'retire' and take over as release maintainer; stepping aside for the next
>  > release manager. So that would mean I'd be the release maintainer for
>  > 3.0 ;-).
>  >
>  > This leaves open the question of who should be release manager of
>  > 3.2. I believe Galen would be in the best position of all of us to take over
>  > the role right now: [...]
>
>  Sorry for posting before reaching the end of the thread but I'd much
>  prefer the next RM to be from a different enterprise and country from
>  the last, to preserve the strengths of Koha past.
This is a wonderful idea. What enterprises from which countries have
resources to devote a person at least part-time to this position?

Do we need to look at collectively throwing some money into a pot
and hiring a community person to do these kinds of community roles?
It's a very large burden for any one organization to take on.

> There seem to be
>  IMO at least 5 businesses trying to grow the Koha world, so if 2 of
>  them (LibLime and BibLibre) are happy to alternate for now, that would
>  be great.  It maybe also increases the incentive for those two to
>  "encourage" faster releases?
Also a great idea. I'm all for fast releases so long as the software is
production quality.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support