[Koha-devel] "freezing" koha 3.0

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed May 14 18:44:38 CEST 2008

"Joshua Ferraro" <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 5:08 PM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> >  Sorry for posting before reaching the end of the thread but I'd much
> >  prefer the next RM to be from a different enterprise and country from
> >  the last, to preserve the strengths of Koha past.
> This is a wonderful idea. What enterprises from which countries have
> resources to devote a person at least part-time to this position?
[...]

I thought BibLibre were offering, but I guess from Paul's later
message that I misunderstood.  TTLLP's Koha effort is currently in
turbulence, mainly due to the 3.0 target dates mystery, but I will
seek one-off funds (grants, escrowed bounties and so on) if this idea
is generally well-regarded, either for us to pay someone for a fixed
term or to contribute to a community pot.

The related thing is: what targets does the community have for an RM?

Furthermore, how do we find those targets (Paul's consultation seemed
to work well, as far as it went) and how do we reward them for hitting
them?  (Paul's consultation outcome looks forgotten.)

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)