[Koha-devel] bulkmarcimport.pl in Koha/3

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Nov 7 01:37:24 CET 2008

HI all

I adapted a script kindly provided by a Koha/2.2.9 user that converts
CSV biblio data into MARC21 records.

The MARC21 records are then imported into Koha/2.2.9 using the bulkmarcimport.pl
script. This has been working well for about a year now and we are quite pleased
with the results. A very powerful tool.

When I attempt to use the Koha/3 bulkmarcimport.pl script to import the same
MARC21 data (consisting of three biblio records), I get one biblio record
in the DB and all of its fields are NULL, except the primary key. This is
using the default "out of the box" Koha 3.0 frameworks.

I have compared the source code for the bulkmarcimport.pl script between
2.2.9 and 3.0 and it seems to be a completed rewrite.

Can someone with the knowledge point me in the right direction to getting
bulkmarcimport.pl working in Koha/3?

thanks in advance
rick welykochy

Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,
the world will know peace.
      -- Jimi Hendrix