[Koha-devel] Tab stops in source code

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Nov 13 03:15:06 CET 2008

Hi all

In the file abort.pl in Koha 3 I see the follow cryptic comment:

# Please use 8-character tabs for this file (indents are every 4 characters)

Does this mean that tabs should not be used for indentation,
since a tab would indent 8 character positions in the source?

Does this imply that we should be using FOUR SPACES for each indent
level?

If the answer to the latter is yes, I must register my protest.

Might I suggest that we adopt a an indentation standard that makes
use of the TAB character, and that the tab stop be set to 4 character
positions?

As it stands, much of the Koha source code is difficult to read
and suffers from a variety of inconsistent indentation styles.

Comments from developers most welcome.

cheers
rickw

Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services || Internet Driving Instructor

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,
the world will know peace.
      -- Jimi Hendrix