[Koha-devel] PDF patron card scaling setting

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Nov 18 13:05:47 CET 2008

Mason James <mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2008/11/18, at 5:40 AM, MJ Ray wrote:
> > A librarian has suggested to me that we should set the scaling in
> > the PDF to stop Acrobat Reader and some other readers from making a
> > mess of the carefully-measured offsets and margins.  I didn't see any
> > way in PDF::Reuse to do that - is it possible?
[...]
> In other words - the scaling mess is *probably* a badly configured
> PDF-viewer issue, i think.

That's my conclusion, but I'm not responsible for desktop software at
that site and I don't use Acrobat if I can avoid it (because I never
could stop it rescaling my printouts incorrectly) but it's useful to
have someone else report that it overrides whatever is set in the PDF.

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)