[Koha-devel] hourly circulation policies

Nicolas Morin nicolas.morin at biblibre.com
Thu Oct 16 08:54:33 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Daniel Sweeney
<daniel.sweeney at liblime.com> wrote:
> From a system perspective, I think
> you would probably need more than one type of loan, so that you could
> give the patron an "in-library" loan for a few hours, using an hourly
> circulation policy, then let them upgrade some charges to an 'out-of-
> library' loan for a longer period of time.

One thing that worries me about hourly circulation is that it should
not conflict with a "regular" loan.
Case: patron A has 10 books on her account, which is the maximum
allowed; she comes to the library to read something "in-library", it
just so happens that what she wants is in the stacks: we can't have
Koha refuse to do this hourly loan because she has already reached the
maximum number of documents on loan for her account.
So yes, I think your make an important point here: hourly circulation
should not be a "regular loan", just shorter; it should be a different
type of loan.
My 2 cts.
Nicolas