[Koha-devel] hourly circulation policies

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Oct 16 15:41:22 CEST 2008

Nicolas Morin a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Daniel Sweeney
> <daniel.sweeney at liblime.com> wrote:
>> From a system perspective, I think
>> you would probably need more than one type of loan, so that you could
>> give the patron an "in-library" loan for a few hours, using an hourly
>> circulation policy, then let them upgrade some charges to an 'out-of-
>> library' loan for a longer period of time.
>
> One thing that worries me about hourly circulation is that it should
> not conflict with a "regular" loan.
> Case: patron A has 10 books on her account, which is the maximum
> allowed; she comes to the library to read something "in-library", it
> just so happens that what she wants is in the stacks: we can't have
> Koha refuse to do this hourly loan because she has already reached the
> maximum number of documents on loan for her account.
> So yes, I think your make an important point here: hourly circulation
> should not be a "regular loan", just shorter; it should be a different
> type of loan.

What I was thinking was having something like :
   * circ rules are doubled. We have the "standard circ rule" and the
"alternate circ rule". each of them being completly independant (one can
be daily, one hourly, or both daily...)
   * on issuing screen (issue.pl), a checkbox let the librarian choose
between "default" and "alternate" circ rules. The checkbox being
preserved from one issue to the other.

Thus, the library can issue quickly on a rule or another one.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com