[Koha-devel] availability of a reserved item

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Oct 29 13:37:11 CET 2008

> Really? To me it's an issue of semantics -- what does 'available' mean
> in this context? For instance, it's available for hold right? That is,
> it's not lost, missing or withdrawn ...

I would expect the OPAC to list items as being on reserve. That's what
our dev_week installation shows for items which aren't checked out but
which have holds. The convention here has always been that "available"
means "on the shelf and available for checkout." The only sense in
which a not-checked-out and on-hold book is "available" is in a
situation where the patron found it on the shelf before we pulled it
to fill the reserve. They could then bring it up to be checked out and
we would have to override the hold.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer